Gather the Outcasts

Check out our web site www.gathertheoutcasts.com for upcoming events, audio messages, pictures of mission trips, and other contact information.

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Warfare Portals 3

Dear beloved: We are looking at the iniquity of our fathers and how that relates to our own vulnerability to generation curses. Step three in the cleansing process is to confess any agreement you have personally with the sins of your fathers. Daniel 9:4 "And I prayed to the Lord My God and confessed and said,"Alas, O Lord, the great and awesome God, who keeps His covenant and lovingkindness for those who love Him and keep His commandments, v5 we have sinned, committed iniquity, acted wickedly, and rebelled, even turning aside from They commandments and ordinances. v6 Moreover, we have not listened to Thy servants the prophets, who spoke in Thy name to our kings, our princes, our fathers, and all the people of the land." Daniel goes on to say in verse 11, "Indeed all Israel has transgressed Thy law and turned aside, not obeying Thy voice; so the curse has been poured out on us, along with the oath that is written in the Law of Moses, the servant of God, for we have sinned against him." And in verse 18 "O my God, incline Thy ear and hear! Open Thine eyes and see our desolations and the city which is called by Thy name; for we are not presenting our supplications before Thee on account of any merits of our own, but on account of Thy great compassion." So we must confess and repent of any agreement we have had with the sins or iniquities of our fathers. In my case one of the sins I had to confess and repent of was alcohol abuse; it was a big problem in one side of my family, and it became a big problem with me also. When I started to drink beer at the age of 18, I had no idea that the stronghold of alcohol in my family would overwhelm me like a flood. What started out as a "going along with the crowd" kind of activity became an uncontrollable and deadly thirst. Little did I know the demonic power and nature of the generation curse behind it! Worse yet for me was that alcohol became an entry point for drug use as is common for many, as often the social gatherings where alcohol is present, drugs also are in use. And so alcohol led to pot smoking, which led to other drug use, and eventually it was all like an avalanche that was racing down the hill. The only thing that stopped it in my case was the grace of God; as He let me get to my end without dying in my misery, but I knew after some overdoses and passout sessions that my physical end was precariously near. God was going to take me home so I would not bring any more shame to his name, as I was a born again believer at the time this was going on. Look at your life and the sins you have committed and those that have been in agreement with the sins of your fathers. You will find that many if not most fall into that category, certain strongholds run in families as we talked in yesterday's teaching. Ask God to forgive you as He is gracious to do. Repent, renounce, and ask God to forgive each individual sin, all the ways that you have hurt the heart of God. Matthew 6:9 " Pray then in this way, Our Father who art in heaven, Hallowed be Thy name, v10 Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done, On earth as it is in heaven. v11 Give us this day our daily bread, v12 And forgive us our debts (trespasses, ways we have crossed over the boundaries), as we also have forgiven our debtors. v13 And do not lead us into temptation, but deliver us from evil. For Thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory forever, Amen." Isaiah 53:5 But He was pierced through for our transgressions, He was crushed for our iniquities; The chastening for our well being fell on Him, and by His scourging we are healed...Jesus paid it all, all to Him I owe, sin had left a crimsom stain, He washed it white as snow. As I write this today, I cannot keep from crying, His mercy is so great! When the immoral woman came and anointed and kissed Jesus feet, and wiped her tears with her hair, Jesus said of her, Luke 7:47 "For this reason I (Jesus) say to you, her sins, which are many, have been forgiven, for she loved much; but he who is forgiven little, loves little." v48 And He said to her " Your sins have been forgiven." Rejoice in His great love and mercy for us, He was bruised, crushed, pierced, scourged, and hung on the cross so we could know the righteousness of God. Tomorrow we will look at step four in the cleansing process. May God bless you and keep you this day, in Christ, Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment