Gather the Outcasts

Check out our web site www.gathertheoutcasts.com for upcoming events, audio messages, pictures of mission trips, and other contact information.

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Warfare Portals 11

Dear beloved: As we learned in yesterday's teaching, walking in the Spirit is the secret to success in the Christian walk, but as we have seen through past teachings, it is not a stroll or a walk in the park. It is a climb up a high mountain, for God's standards are very high, and His ways much higher than our ways. Isaiah 55:8 "For My thoughts are not your thoughts, Neither are your ways My ways," declares the Lord. v9 "For as the heavens are higher than the earth, So are My ways higher than your ways, And My thoughts higher than your thoughts." If you have ever done any mountain climbing, you know how difficult that can be at times, the thin air, poor footing, burning in the lungs and legs, and the temptation to quit and go back down. Years ago I climbled Long's Peak in Rocky Mountain National Park. It was a tough climb and many times I wanted to quit, but when I got up over 14,000 feet, I sat down and looked out over the prairie hundreds of miles to the east, and I knew it was worth the effort! Then an eagle flew over the top of me as if to say, "You can go higher yet!" In his book "Final Quest" by Rick Joyner, he reached the level of Unity of the Brethren high up on the mountain and found that he could easily pick up arrows of Tuth and shoot them at the demons and hit them with accuracy. But he also found himself thinking he didn't need his sword (the word) and almost slipped off the ledge and fell. So he drove his sword into the ground on the ledge and anchored himself to it. Psalm 119:105 Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path. v 106 I have sworn, and I will confirm it, that I will keep Thy righteous ordinances. Never let go of the word, the word of God is what anchors us to the mountain. Psalm 20:7 The law of the Lord is perfect, restoring the soul; the testimony of the Lord is sure, making wise the simple.v8 the precepts of the Lord are right, rejoicing the heart; the commandment of the Lord is pure, enlightening the eyes. v9 The fear of the Lord is clean, enduring forever; the judgments of the Lord are true, they are righteous altogether.v10 They are more desireable than gold, yes, than much fine gold; sweeter also than honey and drippings of the honeycomb. v11 Moreover, by them the servant is warned; in keeping them there is great reward. As Rick climbed even higher he came to a level called Galatians 2:20, which reads " I have been crucified with Christ, and it is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives within me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me, and delivered himself up for me." It was at this level that the brightness and the beauty of the sky almost blinded him; he was getting close to the glory of God! It was at this level that he began to truly understand Faith, Hope, and Love; in fact, when he got up close to them they began to shine up and repair his armor, preparing him for even greater kingdom exploits! Those at that level were entrusted with the powers of the age to come. Beloved, how high do you want to go? How close to the glory of God do you want to walk? We should all set our sights on the things above, for as Paul says in Phillipians 3:20 For our citizenship is in heaven, from which we also eagerly wait for a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ; v21 who will transform the body of our humble state into conformity with the body of His glory, by the exertion of the power that He has even to subject all things unto Himself....Tomorrow we will look at some individual portals that try to knock us off that Galatians 2:20 ledge. May God bless you this day as you drive your sword deeper into the rock, in Christ, Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment