

Dear beloved: pics: Sunday School at Living Water Church of Makunda; Children's Funday teaching time
2 Timothy 2:3 I thank God, whom I serve with a clear conscience the way my forefathers did, as I constantly remember you night and day, v4 longing to see you, even as I recall your tears, so that I may be filled with joy. v5 For I am mindful of the sincere faith within you, which first dwelt in your grandmother Lois, and your mother Eunice, and I am sure that it is in you as well. v6 And for this reason I remind you to kindle afresh the gift of God which is in you through the laying on of my hands.
Beloved, we put a lot of time and attention to the training and teaching of the children and young people the Lord brings to us in Kenya. The importance of instilling in them the virtues of faith, and belief in the Lord Jesus Christ at a young age cannot be overestimated. These children are very impressionable and able to learn without the encumbrance of worry and trials of adult life. In the above Scripture, Apostle Paul references the impact that Timothy's grandmother and mother had upon his life when he was growing up. Imagine the trailblazer that Timothy became, even though he was recruited at an early age, possibly late teens or early 20's. Paul shows great love for Timothy and his family because he understands Timothy will carry the torch for the next generation of evangelists and teachers. Besides the teaching time on Sunday, we still carry on the Children's Funday, a time of teaching, along with playing games and a good meal. We have been doing this now for 6 years, to spread the gospel to the children of Makunda village. These same children will be the initial classmates for the primary school we are building. We invite you to partner with Gather the Outcasts Ministry as we take the message of hope that Jesus saves to the children of Africa. The foundation of faith that we impart into them will carry them for the rest of their life. Children's Funday expense is $100 per Saturday, or $200 for a month. Your gift will have a lasting impact beyond what you will ever know. May God bless you as you pray!
In Christ, Jim Gather the Outcasts, Box 92, Norton, Ks. 67654 501c3 Paypal@ www.paypal.me/gathertheoutcasts or www.gathertheoutcasts.com Email: pureprairie@hotmail.com www.facebook.com/jimrowh www.jimrowh.blogspot.com
No comments:
Post a Comment