Gather the Outcasts

Check out our web site www.gathertheoutcasts.com for upcoming events, audio messages, pictures of mission trips, and other contact information.

Friday, December 13, 2013

Pursuing Your Destiny pt 2

Dear beloved  Can you trust God enough in your life to allow Him to help you move forward into your destiny?  That is the basic question of our existence here on this earth, that you step forward in faith and walk into the plans that God has for you.  Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans that I have for you", declares the Lord.  So God has already declared  from the throne in the heavenly realm what His plans for you are, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, to give you a future and a hope."  And so, the first part of the equation is taken care of by God, the One who created Us.  Ephesians 2:10 For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.  Our lives are to be filled with good works, those kingdom projects that God has ordained for us, and then He gives us the strength, the grace, and the provision to carry them out.

 The second half of the equation is simply this: will you step out in faith and agree with God about those words that He has declared over you?  Beloved, be confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will complete it until the day of Christ Jesus.  It is an ongoing project, and it will not be finished until the day Jesus returns, or you are taken up to heaven to be with the Lord.  Ephesians 4:7 But to EACH ONE of us grace was given according to the measure of Christ's gift  v11 And He Himself gave some to be apostles, some prophets, some evangelists, some pastors and teachers, v12 for the equipping of the saints for the work of ministry, for the edifying (building up) of the body of Christ.  And so each is called, each is given the measure of faith, each is given the grace to move forward and do mighty works to build up the kingdom and the body of Christ.

If you are in a place today where you truly don't know what God's plans for you are, just start asking Him. He tells us in Matthew 7:7 Ask and you shall receive, seek and you shall find, knock and the door shall be opened to you,  v8 For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it shall be opened.  In my own life, in 1974 God gave me a very detailed prophetic dream that showed me where He was providing a place of refuge, both spiritually and physically.   I had been wandering about in the drug infested wilderness area for a few years, and realized that if I didn't make some rather dramatic changes, my life was going to be short and none too sweet.  So I started asking the Lord. "show me Your way", and He showed me a detailed dream of my grandfather's farm,  the blessings of the land, which also represented the teaching of my ancestors, who were all born again believers, and basic country folks.  In the dream, my grandfather was standing next to a field of golden, ripe wheat ( provision),  saying to me, "this will make you a great garden some day!"  I started to pray into that dream and gradually move in that direction, forsaking the wilderness area for what I knew would prosper me, and give me a hope and a future. Ten years later, the farm become my home and refuge, and the teachings given to me in my youth, the living Word, became my rock and anchor,  Beloved, trust the Lord, start asking Him today, "show me Your way", and then get ready.  He will do it!  God bless you as you pray this day, in Christ, Jim  www.gathertheoutcasts.com

No comments:

Post a Comment