Gather the Outcasts

Check out our web site www.gathertheoutcasts.com for upcoming events, audio messages, pictures of mission trips, and other contact information.

Thursday, May 29, 2014

Breaking Soul Ties

Dear beloved:  When we make ties or agreements with thoughts and behaviors to the demonic realm, those ties then must be broken or severed if we are to move forward in the kingdom of God. The devil will chain us and bind us to these agreements with his harassing and tormenting demons, many of which have been following us for many years through familiar family patterns. When we make the move back toward the call God has placed on our life, the demons then attack us,  often causing pain in the body and disruption (agitation) in our soul. 

David prayed to the Lord in Psalm 18 when he was asking the Lord to deliver him from the hand of all his enemies and of Saul.  Psalm 18:3 I will call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised; So shall I be saved from my enemies. v4 The pangs (cords) of death surrounded me, and the floods of ungodliness made me afraid. v5 The sorrows of Sheol surrounded me; The snares of death confronted me. v6 In my distress I called upon the Lord, And cried out to my god; He heard my voice from His temple, And my cry came before Him, even to His ears.  When we cry out to the Lord, Jesus is faithful and true to His word, all those who call upon the Lord will be saved!  He hears our voice from His temple, and our cry comes before Him, even to His ears.

It is important also when we move to break ties with the demonic realm, the cords of Sheol, that we repent and speak against every agreement that we have made.  Acknowledge the sin, ask the Lord for His forgiveness, and speak against the sin.  When we do that we are consciously breaking the chains that have bound us. In the realm of sexual immorality, we may have to repent of multiple partners, fornication, adultery, or sexual perversion.  Then we also ask the Lord to strengthen us and help us to take every thought captive that raises itself up against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought captive to the obedience of Christ. Repent, speak against, and commit to obedience in Christ.  This is the way to the higher place, a place of peace and joy in Christ Jesus. Psalm 18:25 For You will light my lamp; The Lord my God will enlighten my darkness. v31 For who is God, except the Lord? And who is a rock, except our God: v32 It is God who arms me with strength, and makes my way perfect. If you will practice these steps, you will begin to move into the broad place that God has for you.  He wants to deliver you!  God bless you, in Christ, Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment