Gather the Outcasts

Check out our web site www.gathertheoutcasts.com for upcoming events, audio messages, pictures of mission trips, and other contact information.

Saturday, March 17, 2012

The Prophetic Dream

Dear beloved: The Lord cares about every detail of our lives, even to the point of laying out the future for us and for the people we care about and minister to. If you are a believer in the Lord Jesus Christ, you have the most precious gift any person here on the earth can have, that being the gift of the Holy Spirit of God to dwell in you and give you counsel and be your advocate, your intercessor. Joel 2:28 tells us, and it shall come to pass that in the last days I will pour out my spirit on all mankind; and your sons and daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, and your young men shall see visions. v29 And also upon the servants and upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out my spirit. Also in Revelation 19:10 John writes, And I fell at his feet to worship him (the angel). And he said unto me, See thou do it not: I am a fellow servant of yours, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God; for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy. And so if we know Jesus as our Lord, we have the spirit of prophecy, so start prophesying! Listen to what the Holy Spirit has to say in every situation, with every person you encounter listen to the still small voice. Pray also that God will give you dreams and visions to reveal to you your path and destiny.

Three years ago I preached a revival at a church in a town in southwest Kansas. Behind the church was a five acre level field that belonged to the church and was currently being used as a horse pasture. The pastor and elders of the church wanted to put the field to better use for the kingdom, so we prayed together about the situation and the Lord said, "plant an orchard." This was late in the spring, late May, and the optimum time for planting was past, yet the Lord said to plant it. So the pastor called a fruit tree nursery and amazingly they had trees they were going to throw out because that had become to big for their average customer. They sold the church 100 of the 1.5inch diameter apple trees for the incredibly low price of 4 dollars each, about 30 dollars off the normal price. Even more astounding, of the one hundred trees planted only about three died that first summer; God confirmed His plan and timing by supernaturally watching over and nurturing those trees through a late planting and very hot summer.

Fast forward to a couple of months ago when the Lord gave me a dream of an orchard with freshly planted trees in tidy rows, the loose, black dirt giving testimony to the recent planting. I also knew from the dream that the trees were stone fruit; peaches, plums, cherries, and apricots. I was puzzled by the dream, I knew it wasn't my own orchard, so I prayed about it and asked the Lord to reveal the meaning of the dream to me. A couple weeks after the dream, the pastor of the church with the apple trees called and asked me to come to their church again and conduct a revival, and he also asked what I thought the church should do with the remaining two acres of the field where the apple trees were planted. It was then I realized the Lord had already spoken to me through the dream of the stone fruit trees; He was giving me instruction for that church on how to use the remaining acres! The Holy Spirit reveals to us the truth in all things (John 16:13) yes, for when he comes he will guide you into all truth; for he shall not speak of himself, but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak; and he will show you things to come. The Holy Spirit knew the needs of that church and how they could best use that remaining two acres, and he also knew that I would be going down there to speak, and so he gave me the prophetic dream of the freshly planted stone fruit trees. God is so good, He cares about every detail! Give Him your praise and adoration today, He is worthy of your praise! God bless you, in Christ, Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment