Gather the Outcasts

Check out our web site www.gathertheoutcasts.com for upcoming events, audio messages, pictures of mission trips, and other contact information.

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Renew Your Mind

Dear beloved: I have recently been in deliverance sessions with people who are troubled in their mind and have had their peace stolen by the devil, the enemy of our souls. This we see is a trend that is sweeping across America and the world, the disturbance of our peace and the world's desire to fix or placate that peace with psychotropic drugs, street drugs, alcohol and things of that nature. Many people are lashing out with violence at those even that they love the most; shootings within families followed by suicide are a daily occurrence in the news. What is God's solution to our troubled minds, and our despairing souls? We see in Psalms 42:5 David cries out to the Lord, Why are you in despair, O my soul? And why have you become disturbed within me? Hope in God, for I shall again praise Him for the help of His presence. v6 O my God, my soul is in despair within me; therefore I remember Thee from the land of the Jordan; And the peaks of Hermon, from Mount Mizar.

There are times in our lives when we are going to get rocked to the core of our being, when our souls are going to be in despair. The events of the coming years in America are going to shake even the strongest of us, yes, even those of us who have our feet firmly planted on the Rock Jesus Christ. David's advice is still the best and should be taken to heart: Hope in God, for I shall again praise Him for the help of His presence. David says it doesn't matter where I am, from the land of the Jordan, the lowest valley, to the highest peaks of Hermon, I will remember my God and praise Him all the while. From the low to the high and everywhere in between I will praise Him. Psalm 42:10 As a shattering of my bones, my adversaries revile me, while they say to me all day long, "Where is your God?" v11 Why are you in despair, O my soul? And why have you become disturbed within me? Hope in God, for I shall yet praise Him, the help of my countenance, and my God.

When you get troubled by the enemy and he attacks your mind, know that the warfare you are going through was the very same warfare that David was writing about in the Psalms. The Psalms are songs of praise and encouragement, but they are also songs and stories of warfare battles. The enemy hasn't changed his tactics since the time of David and before: he still comes to steal, kill, and destroy and one his favorite targets is our mind. The battlefield is the mind! An effective weapon against the enemy is to speak out loud, or read out loud, psalms of praise and thanksgiving, speak it out so the enemy can hear it, and your own ears can hear the testimony coming from your mouth. Put your hope and your trust in the Lord, the help of your countenance. Speak out loud, Psalm 43:3 O Lord, send out Your light and Your truth,let them lead me; Let them bring me to Your holy hill, and to Your dwelling places. v4 Then I will go to the altar of God, to God my exceeding joy; And upon the lyre I shall praise You, O God, my God. May God bless and strengthen you as you go into battle this day. In Christ, Jim www.gathertheoutcasts.com

No comments:

Post a Comment