Gather the Outcasts

Check out our web site www.gathertheoutcasts.com for upcoming events, audio messages, pictures of mission trips, and other contact information.

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Come Unto Me

Dear beloved: Jesus said in Matthew 11:28 "Come unto Me all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. v29 Take My yoke upon you, and learn from Me; for I am meek and lowly in heart, and you shall find rest for your weary souls. v30 For My yoke is easy and My burden is light." Many of us this day are weary and heavy laden, it is a natural result of the earthly battle we are in. We fight day in and day out the good fight of faith, but it has a wearying and debilitating effect on us over time;in fact there are times when we just want to give up and say we are too weary to keep battling. It is at that time that Jesus says to come unto Him, that He will give us the rest we so desperately need. What does it mean to enter His rest?

It means to give all your cares and burdens to Him, just list them, everything that you are contending and battling for, write them down if you need to, and say to Jesus: "You are the King, you are the Captain of the Lord of Hosts, without You I can do nothing, and with You all things are possible." When you do that you are submitting your desire to control all the circumstances in your life, and you are saying to the Lord, "You are not only able to take care of me, but I willfully submit every problem, circumstance, and situation in my life to You, and I trust you that You are faithful and true to Your word to take care of it for Me in the way that best benefits me and brings glory to Your kingdom!"

In the practical sense for me this means putting on some worship music and spending time on my knees before the Lord, just thanking Him and acknowledging His sovereignty over My life, and admitting to Him that in some things I am powerless to control the events and circumstances of my life. Prayer moves mountains, it changes the atmosphere that you operate in, and as it brings you in close communion with the Master, you take on His countenance and His nature. Beloved, take on the yoke of Jesus today, spend some time on your knees, thanking Him for all the trials in your life. James says in James 1:2, Count it all joy when you face diverse trials, v3 Knowing this, the trying of your faith brings patience, v4 and let patience have its perfect result, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing. Thank Him today and He will give you rest. God bless you, in Christ, Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment