Gather the Outcasts

Check out our web site www.gathertheoutcasts.com for upcoming events, audio messages, pictures of mission trips, and other contact information.

Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Home, Sweet Home!


Dear beloved:  So happy to report that I am safely back on US soil, Robby and I landed in Kansas City yesterday afternoon to a beautiful blue sky, and a warm autumn afternoon, made me more grateful than ever for all the favor God had shown us. Security was extremely tight in Amsterdam, causing us to be late to Detroit, but we had a miraculous mad dash through customs and then were able to connect with the Kansas City flight just as they were boarding.  Smooth roads, traffic lights, and the clean landscape of Kansas City are more valued after spending time in Nairobi, where the trash piles are high and the potholes deep.  Will be spending the day today at the International House of Prayer Forerunner Church and prayer room, thanking the Lord for His great provision and hand of blessing.  Thanks again to all of you for your prayer covering, it has meant so much to me and the other members of the team to know that so many of you were faithfully praying for all aspects of the mission.
We had many ways to witness and testify of the love of Jesus to so many different people in all the places we were the last month, I can't begin to share them all, and only God alone knows the impact of it all for eternity.  Just one story that stands out, this last week in Nairobi we were at a department store near our hotel, and we sat down at a juice counter to rest and and have a wonderful mango or passion fruit juice.  I struck up a conversation with a lady who I had seen at our hotel, she appeared to me to be a teacher with some college students with her. I found out she was in fact a university professor from the Netherlands, she and her students were doing some work in the Methare slum in Nairiobi, a huge slum about like Kibera where I held a crusade in 2011.  One of her students had written a book about the slum, taking first hand accounts in the people's own words about their lives in Methare and how they survived on a daily basis.  As we were talking, the young lady who wrote the book came and sat down with us, so I was able to meet her and visit with her about her book.  As we talked, she asked about our mission work and that led to a discussion about Jesus.  She was very steeped in humanist philosophy and convinced, as many European young people are these days,  that Jesus was just another one of the good guys along with Mohammed, Buddha, and all the other religious figures down through history. So I talked with her about a personal relationship with Jesus, then I asked her if she would like to pray with me for Jesus to reveal himself to her, so she would know He is real.  She agree to pray with me, so we went to a quieter place and prayed; the glory of the Lord came down on her and it just about took her breath away, her countenance changed dramatically and she said she was very excited.  She asked, "How will Jesus reveal Himself to me?"  I told her I dd not know how or when, but only that He would as He is always faithful to answer those who call on Him. So I left her knowing that she had opened the door for the Master to come in, and those who seek shall find.  I expect to see her again in Glory Land!  Jeremiah 29:12 Then you shall call upon Me, and you shall go and pray unto Me,  and I will hearken unto you,  v13  And you shall seek Me, and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart. v14 and I will be found of you, says the Lord.
Thank you again for all your prayers and support.  I will be sharing more stories and pictures of the mission in the days ahead, as well as laying out the vision for Gather the Outcasts work in Africa in the future.  Be praying about your part, as it includes a chance for you to go and get some good hands on experience building an orphanage and ministering the love of Jesus to the children, as well as the many other hungry souls there. May God bless you today as you pray.  In Christ, Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment