Gather the Outcasts

Check out our web site www.gathertheoutcasts.com for upcoming events, audio messages, pictures of mission trips, and other contact information.

Thursday, January 23, 2014

The Spirit of Caleb

Dear beloved:  Of the twelve spies who were sent by Moses to spy out the promised land, only two were able to see the Lord's plan and lay hold of the future for the land, those two being Joshua and Caleb. Concerning Caleb, the Lord said this about him: Numbers 14:24 But My servant Caleb, because he has a different spirit in him and has followed Me fully, I will bring into the land where he went, and his descendants shall inherit it.  That different spirit in Caleb was manifested in Caleb in several ways, first in the spirit realm, for him to be able to agree with the Lord's plan for the land, that is the spirit of the prophetic.  And so the Lord protected him even when the other spies and their people picked up stones and were ready to stone Joshua and Caleb. Numbers 14:10  But then (at the time of stoning) the glory of the Lord appeared in the tabernacle of meeting before all the children of Israel.

 But secondly, he was blessed by God in his physical body because his spirit was in alignment with God.
At this time in our country, even in the body of Christ when so many are weak, sick and ailing, we need the spirit of Caleb as never before. Caleb tells his story in Joshua 14, talking about his physical strength.  Joshua 14:7 I was forty years old when Moses the servant of the Lord sent me from Kadesh Barnea to spy out the land, and I brought back word to him as it was IN MY HEART. v8 Nevertheless my brethren who went up with me made the heart of the people melt, but I wholly followed the Lord my God. v9 "So Moses swore on that day, saying, "Surely the land where your foot has trodden shall be your inheritance and your children's forever, because you have wholly followed the Lord my God." v10 " And now, behold, the Lord has kept me alive, as He said these forty-five years, ever since the Lord spoke this word to Moses while Israel wandered in the wilderness; and now, here I am this day, eighty-five years old." v11 "As yet I am as strong this day as on the day that Moses sent me; just as my strength was then, so now is my strength for war, both for going out and for coming in."

How amazing was that blessing on Caleb, when after 45 years in the wilderness had passed, his body had not lost any strength?  Caleb was ready for an even greater challenge, taking the mountain in the promised land that his feet had tread upon.  He wasn't sitting back resting on his laurels, or using his age as an excuse to stay out of the battle; in fact, he relished the opportunity to go in and inherit the land. Numbers 14:12 "Now therefore, give me this mountain of which the Lord spoke in that day; for you heard in that day how the Anakim were there, and that the cities were great and fortified. It may be that the Lord will be with me, and I shall be able to drive them out as the Lord said."  v13 And Joshua blessed him, and gave Hebron to Caleb the son of Jephunneh as an inheritance.

Beloved, pray that the Lord will bless you with the spirit of Caleb, that you will be strong spiritually and physically, and be ready to conquer the mountains in your life. Psalm 37:29 The righteous shall inherit the land, and dwell in it forever.  May God give you strength this day,  in Christ, Jim www.jimrowh.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment