Gather the Outcasts

Check out our web site www.gathertheoutcasts.com for upcoming events, audio messages, pictures of mission trips, and other contact information.

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

The Blood Cries Out From the Ground

Dear beloved: The scripture we have been looking at is Psalm 11:3 If the foundations are destroyed, what can the righteous do? This piercing question the Lord asks of the faithful, for it is up to us to do something to turn America around and get it headed in the right direction. The foundations are cracked and shaking, and unless the righteous get on their knees and cry out to the Lord, to humble themselves and turn from their wicked ways, the pillars of God's kingdom in America will crumble completely to the ground. Beloved, I am really feeling a sense of urgency and a call to prayer as we look at this year unfolding before us. So what are the pillars of God's kingdom here on this earth?

The first is declared in Genesis 1:26, that human life is precious, a priceless gift from God, and that we are all created in His image. Gen. 1:26 Then God said, "Let us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness, and let them rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the sky and over the cattle and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth." And so each of us is made in the image of God and given dominion and authority over the other creatures on the earth. In addition, God declares over us a prohetic destiny, a calling, that is ours to pursue and seek, by His grace and His strength and leading in our lives. Jeremiah 1:4 Now the word of the Lord came to me saying, v5 "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you; I have appointed you a prophet to the nations." v6 Then I said, "Alas, Lord God! Behold, I do not know how to speak, because I am a youth." v7 But the Lord said to me, "Do not say, I am a youth, Because everywhere I send you, you shall go, And all that I command you, you shall speak. v8 Do not be afraid of them, for I am with you to deliver you," declares the Lord. And again in Psalm 139:16, Thine eyes have seen my unformed substance; And in Thy book they were all written, The days that were ordained for me, When as yet there was not one of them, v17 How precious also are Thy thoughts to me, O God! How vast is the sum of them! and so God knows us and loves us and has declared His destiny over us, even the number of our days. Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans that I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for calamity, to give you a future and a hope. v12 Then you will call on Me and pray to Me, and I will listen to you.

As we reflect on the anniversary of the Supreme Court decision Roe vs. Wade that gave license to unrestricted abortion in this country in 1973, we can see how the outcome of that decision has changed the prohetic destiny not only of the 50 million babies that have been aborted, but also the millions of the women and men who would have been their earthly parents. And so the prophetic destiny of this whole nation has been altered. When I came back to America a few years ago after preaching in Costa Rica, where abortion is illegal and the national motto is Pura Vida!, pure life!, I came into the Atlanta airport and immediately felt a feeling of darkness and oppression hanging over this nation. the Lord spoke to me and said, "this is the spirit of death from abortion that is oppressing this nation", a huge demonic principality that torments every man, woman, and child. The cry of the innocents blood goes up from the land, just as God spoke to Cain in Genesis 4:10 "What have you done? The voice of your brother's blood is crying to Me from the ground. v11 And now you are cursed from the ground, which has opened its mouth to receive your brothers blood from your hand." And so the cries of the innocents go up, and we reap the curse. Beloved, this is a call to pray, to reverse Roe vs. Wade and remove this curse from our land. May God bless you this day as you pray. In Christ, Jim www.gathertheoutcasts.com

No comments:

Post a Comment