Gather the Outcasts

Check out our web site www.gathertheoutcasts.com for upcoming events, audio messages, pictures of mission trips, and other contact information.

Thursday, May 26, 2011

I Have Appointed You

Dear beloved: I have been reading a lot of Jeremiah lately, the weeping prophet, as this is a season when the Lord is stirring the prophets to cry out to the people of the events that are coming. Anyone with any prophetic gift at all is aware of the burden of being a watchman on the wall at this time, as the enemy surrounds us both within and without our nation and our families. To be a watchman is a high calling, it is not something that anyone would necessarily sign up for or volunteer readily for, it is a gift and mantle that God places on a person when He sees they have a willing and obedient heart.

Just as many of us are reluctant to prophesy or accept our calling, so too was Jeremiah reluctant. We all look for someone else to pick up the mantle when God is speaking to us. God made him aware of his calling in Jeremiah 1:4 Now the word of the Lord came to me saying, v5 "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, And before you were born I consecrated you; I have appointed you a prophet to the nations." Then Jeremiah gives his response to the Lord, just as Moses, Isaiah, and many others, including you and me, give back to God all the reasons why we can't fulfill the calling of the Lord. v6 Then I said "Alas, Lord God! Behold, I do not know how to speak, Because I am a youth." v7 But the Lord said to me, "Do not say, I am a youth, Because everywhere I send you, you shall go, and all that I command you, you shall speak. v8 Do not be afraid of them, for I am with you to deliver you," declares the Lord.

Then the Lord stretched out His hand (v.9) and touched my mouth, and the Lord said to me, "Behold, I have put My words in your mouth." And again in verse 12, Then the Lord said to me, "You have seen well, for I am watching over My word to perform it." Beloved, it is time for all of us who hear from the Lord to blow the trumpet, to sound the alarm. Warn the people, warn your family, now is the time to turn to the Lord with all your heart, soul, strength, and mind. I pray for each of you reading this that God will give you the strength to walk into your calling, to move into your destiny, to fulfill that purpose here on this earth that you were set aside for from the beginning. God knew you and set you aside before He formed you in the womb! What an awesome calling and responsibility. May God bless you this day as you move forward in the kingdom. In Christ, Jim www.gathertheoutcasts.com

No comments:

Post a Comment