Gather the Outcasts

Check out our web site www.gathertheoutcasts.com for upcoming events, audio messages, pictures of mission trips, and other contact information.

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Get Rid of the Junk by Jim Rowh

Dear beloved:

Recently while in the midst of a 21 day fast the Lord gave me a dream for the fasting group that I believe is also appropriate for the body of Christ. In the dream Pt1 The group of us, about 40 total, were on top of a hill watching several people line up old farm machinery as if getting ready for a farm sale. Old balers, swathers, combines (harvesters), and other pieces of machinery were being placed in long lines, ready to move them off the farm to another owner, or in some cases to the scrap iron dealer. Pt2 I was reading God's word to the group of the fasters as they watched the machinery being prepared. Pt3 We were standing above a mockup city,watching people as they mingled about in peace, walking on the tree lined streets and having pleasant conversation. There was no stress or worry, many of the couples were holding hands with each other, and with their children, and the pace of the whole scene was unhurried and very peaceful.
Interpretation of the dream: God is saying to us, Now is the time to release in your life the junk machinery, the things that you are attached to that you no longer use, and move forward with freedom. Paul declared in Phillipians 3:7, But whatever things were gain to me, those things I have counted as loss for the sake of Christ. v8 More than that, I count all things to be loss (farm sale) in view of the surpassing value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them but rubbish (scrap iron) in order that I may gain Christ. The Word and pursuit of Jesus Christ will provide for us beyond anything that we are holding onto in our life that we think has great value. Paul goes on in verse 13, Brethren, I do not regard myself as having laid hold of it yet; but one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and reaching forward to what lies ahead, v14 I press on toward the goal for the priz e of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.
I believe part 3 of the dream was a picture of a new heaven and new earth. Revelation 21:3 And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, "Behold the tabernacle of God is among men, and He shall dwell among them, and they shall be His people, and God himself shall be among them, v4 and He shall wipe away every tear from their eyes; and there shall not longer be any death; there shall no longer be any mourning, or crying, or pain; the first things have passed away.
Beloved, do not be afraid to let go of the junk in your life, God has a plan for you that will bring you more peace and joy than you have ever known. Feast on His word, and soak in His presence, move into the higher realms of glory with Him! Rev 21:5 And He who sits on the throne said, "Behold, I am making all things new." And He said, "Write, for these words are faithful and true." May God bless you as you seek Him this day, in Christ,

Jim Rowh
www.gathertheoutcasts.com

No comments:

Post a Comment